This is the first in a series of posts about losing weight. It is not extremely difficult. It requires some willpower, and some dietary changes. It does not require hunger, or suffering. To understand why fat is created, one has to realize that it is caused by excess insulin in the blood. Reduce the insulin, and you stop creating fat. Reduce it even further, and you start losing fat.
I will now give you a list of foods to avoid. As strange as this list may look to you it is the result of a long research with many people. Here is the list:
- Artificial sweeteners – there are several mechanisms by which they produce insulin. Eliminate them from your diet. That includes diet drinks. Natural sweeteners such as stevia, xylitol, and lo-Han are okay.
- Bananas – I have found that they really hike your blood sugar, producing insulin. If you wonder where your potassium will come from, brokoley, cantaloupe, and sweet potato all have more potassium than bananas.
- Wheat – that includes anything made from it; bread, pasta, white beer, etc. it definitely includes whole wheat.
- Potatoes – enough said.
- Fruit juices – eat the fruit, it has fiber.
- Sugar – in any form. That includes sucrose, fructose, glucose, dextrose, etc. By the way, agave syrup is fructose, and so is honey.
Okay, this is it for now. Start eliminating these foods and you will start losing weight.
You are welcome to write me with questions, and comments. Please tell me about your sucesses and / or difficulties.